A pharmacist is a professional scientist who possesses the skills in all aspects relating to the design, development, delivery, supply, control and the usage of drugs. The School is currently using an integrated approach in teaching and learning as pharmacists need to acquire a broad range of scientific education. The International Program Bachelor of Pharmacy degree correlates scientific findings with a strong foundation of core science courses.
The students will expand their knowledge in physiology, microbiology, medicinal chemistry (drug chemistry), pharmaceutics (drug formulation to produce safe and effective medication), pharmacology (drug action on the body), clinical pharmacy (covering the knowledge on diseases and how drugs or medicines are chosen to treat and/or prevent certain diseases), and social and administrative pharmacy (economy, behaviour and drug policy).
Becomes a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education with International Competitiveness in 2024.
In achieving this vision, we have generated four stages of the grand strategy development :
- 2007-2011 Period: Becoming a Superior Study Program in Organizing Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in 2011.
- 2012-2016 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in the National level in 2016.
- 2017-2019 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with a Regional Competitiveness in 2019.
- 2020-2024 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with an International Competitiveness in 2024.
- Organizing pharmacy undergraduate education that meets the principle of equity and expanding public access.
- Organizing research-based undergraduate pharmacy education that is relevant to the development of science and technology in the pharmaceutical field and fulfilling the demands of the user community.
- Organizing the management of professional, accountable and nationally competent pharmaceutical undergraduate education.
- Conduct research in the field of pharmacy based on local excellence oriented to scientific publications, patents and commercial products.
- Organizing community service by utilizing research results in the pharmaceutical field.
The objectives of bachelor degree program are developed based on pharmacy professional profiles known as Nine Star Pharmacist including pharmacist as:
- care giver,
- scientific comprehension & research abilities,
- life long learner,
- decision maker,
- teamwork abilities, personal/professional responsibilities.
Following the graduate profiles, the objective of the graduates are defined to impart the essential competencies in pharmaceutical sciences including pharmaceutical science such as chemical and biological pharmacy and pharmaceutical technology, as well as pharmacology and social behaviour. The objectives of bachelor program in Pharmacy is to develop students who are able to:
- Identify problems concerning drugs and its alternative solutions.
- Carry out the pharmaceutical practice based on standard procedure
- Prepare the dispensing of pharmaceutical dosage forms based on standard procedure
- Apply pharmaceutical science and technology in preparing and assuring the quality of pharmaceutical dosage forms
- Search and provide the information on drug and medications
- Communicate and develop interpersonal relationship
- Develop the leadership and management
- Behave with responsibility in behavior according to law and pharmaceutical ethics
- Comprehend the application of research and technology, as well as ability in self development
Competencies and Learning outcomes of Bachelor program are defined based on Indonesian Standard of Apothecary competences (SKAI) year 2016. as follows:
- Obeying the law and discipline in social and state life.
- Internalize academic values, norms, and ethics, and show an independent attitude of responsibility for pharmaceutical work.
- Internalize independent attitude and entrepreneurship in pharmaceutical field
- Apply the logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of developing or implementing pharmaceutical science and technology
- Compile a scientific description of the results of the study in the form of a final assignment and upload it on the university webpage.
- Able to make correct decisions in the context of problem solving in the pharmaceutical sector, based on the results of information and data analysis.
- Able to be responsible for work in the pharmaceutical field in accordance with the pharmaceutical code of ethics.
- Able to perform pharmaceutical practices supervised by pharmacists in accordance with regulatory provisions.
- Able to optimize the use of rational pharmaceutical dosage forms based on scientific considerations, guidelines and evidence-based to optimize the success of therapy under pharmacist supervision
- Able to perform dispensing of pharmaceutical dosage forms and medical devices based on regulatory and standard under supervision of pharmacist
- Able to search, analyze, and organize information about pharmaceutical preparations and medical devices that are precise, accurate, relevant and communicate effectively with patients according to their needs under the supervision of pharmacists.
- Able to formulate and produce appropriate pharmaceutical preparations, according to standards and statutory provisions under the supervision of pharmacists.
- Able to search, analyze, and organize information about pharmaceutical preparations and communicate those informations effectively as preventive and promotive public health efforts under the supervision of pharmacists
- Able to manage the design, selection, procurement, storage, distribution, destruction and withdrawal of pharmaceutical preparations and medical devices in an effective and efficient manner under the supervision of pharmacists.
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills with patients and health workers through verbal and non-verbal techniques under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Able to demonstrate managerial skills and interpersonal relationships in conducting pharmaceutical works under the supervision of a pharmacist.